Budget Hearing Notification Link
Proposed 2021-2022 Presidio School Budget Summary
Google Meets Link
Notice of Public Meeting
Presidio School Inc. Board of Directors
Pursuant to A.R.S. 38-431.02, notice is hereby given to the members of the Presidio School Board of Directors and to the general public that a meeting, open to the public, will be held as specified below.
DATED AND POSTED 11th DAY OF JUNE 2021
Board of Presidio School, Inc.
By Terry S. Garza, Terry S. Garza
Secretary, Board of Directors of Presidio School
Presidio School Board of Directors Meeting
1695 East Ft. Lowell
Tucson, Arizona 85719
Monday, June 14, 2021
- Call to order Mr. Carrillo
- Public Comment Mr. Carrillo
- Consideration to Approve the May 4, 2021 Board Minutes Ms. Garza
- Consideration to Approve the April 2021 Expenditures Ms. Garza
- Consideration to Approve the 2021/2022 Catering Bid Ms. Garza
- Consideration to Approve the Proposed 2021/2022 Budget Ms. Garza
- Consideration to Approve the Marquee Bid to replace damaged marquis Ms. Garza
- Review of the school model for 21/22 school year Ms. Montierth Puls
- Single School – Hybrid model composed of remote and in-person sections for designated courses.
- Two Schools
- OI school as described in OI Amendment
- In person as described in current Charter
June 14, 2021 Board Meeting
- Faculty Evaluations
- The Arizona Department of Education’s (ADE) Guidance on Teacher and Principal Evaluations
- The Board can vote to modify the percentages, but that will be for a later day
- 2020/2021 Evaluations will maintain the current percentages
- New positions
- Middle School Teachers
- ELA – open
- Math – open
- Science – hired
- Grade 3 Teacher – hired
- Grade 2 – open
- Grade 3 – open
- Grade 4 – hired
- Summer Remediation
- Initially had 83 students signed up, grades K-12; now we have 125 students attending, grades K-12
- Focus for K-8 is ELA and Math remediation
- Focus for 9-12 is credit recovery
- Summer Boot Camp
- Focus on community building, learning expectations of the high school setting, goal setting, study skills, scheduling, etc.
- Designed for “transition” grades (K, 3, 6, 9)
- 21/22 SY Enrollment
- 406 enrolled (does not include kindergarten as 1/2 FTE)
- Continuing to receive enrollees
- ASBCS 5 Year Internal Review – Compliance Review
- Occured on May 17, 2021
- Presidio was out of compliance in a few areas
- Open Meeting Law
- The Charter Holder has modified the online posting of board meeting notices to reflect the provisions of A.R.S §38-431.02(A)(1)
- The Charter Holder has modified the meeting minutes to ensure compliance with all provisions of A.R.S §38-431.01(B), (C), (D) and -431.03(B).
- Enrollment Policies
- The issues listed in Appendix F regarding Presidio School’s Enrollment and Attendance policies were addressed. All changes to the requested documents were highlighted in yellow. Portions of the documents that will be removed have also been highlighted in yellow and “stricken” (black lines through the phrases), but left in the document for reference for the Presidio Board of Directors.
- Teacher Salary Posting
- The Teacher Salary Posting originally posted on the website was for FY2020. It has since been rectified to show the Average Teacher Salary for FY2021. Presidio will post the Average Teacher Salary for FY2022 after the Board approves the budget for FY2022.
- Recess Requirements
- The 2020/2021 SY Master Schedule included recess opportunities for all grade levels, but it was not clear that lower elementary grade levels (grades K-2) received two recesses. The Master Schedule was updated to more clearly indicate two recesses.
Pro/Con List for 21/22 SY Learning Models Link