Notice of Public Meeting
Presidio School Inc. Board of Directors
Pursuant to A.R.S. 38-431.02, notice is hereby given to the members of the Presidio School Board of Directors and to the general public that a meeting, open to the public, will be held as specified below.
DATED AND POSTED 14TH DAY OF SEPTEMBER, 2020
Board of Presidio School, Inc.
By Terry S Garza, Terry S. Garza
Secretary, Board of Directors of Presidio School
Presidio School Board of Directors Meeting
1695 East Ft. Lowell
Tucson, Arizona 85719
Tuesday, September 15, 2020
- Call to order Mr. Carrillo
- Public Comment Mr. Carrillo
- Consideration to Approve the August 11, 2020 Board Meeting Minutes Ms. Garza
- Consideration to Approve the July 2020 Expenditures Ms. Garza
- Consideration to Approve the 2020-2021 Food Service Plan Ms. Garza
- Consideration of the Pima County COVID-19 metrics to determine
Presidio School re-opening decisions. Ms. Montierth Puls
Ms. Montierth Puls
Presidio School Board of Directors
1695 E. Ft. Lowell
Date: September 15, 2020
Called To Order: 5:06 PM Adjourned: 5:56 PM
Members of the Board:
- Peggy Barnett, Treasurer
- Martin Carrillo, President
- Thomas Drexel, Vice President
- Terry Garza, Secretary
- Pat Johnston, Member
- Jessica Montierth Puls, Member
- To approve the August 11, 2020 Minutes as presented.
Moved by: Peggy Barnett Seconded by: Tom Drexel Outcome: Passed Unanimously
- To approve the July 2020 Expenditures for Presidio School as presented
Moved by: Peggy Barnett Seconded by: Pat Johnston Outcome: Passed Unanimously
- To approve the Presidio School Food Service Plan to continue the Seamless Summer Food Service and offer free breakfasts and lunches to all children in Pima County and authorize Terry Garza to sign on behalf of Presidio .
Moved by: Tom Drexel Seconded by: Peggy Barnett Outcome: Passed Unanimously
- After consideration of the most recent COVID-19 metrics to continue to provide distance learning to all Presidio School students and provide onsite support services to those families in need.
Moved by: Jessica Montierth Puls Seconded by: Tom Drexel Outcome: Passed Unanimously
- To approve holding the October 2020 Board Meeting on October 13, 2020 at 5:00 PM.
Moved by: Terry Garza Seconded by: Peggy Barnett Outcome: Passed Unanimously
- To adjourn the meeting at 5:56 PM.
Moved by: Terry Garza Seconded by: Tom Drexel Outcome: Passed Unanimously
Principal’s Report: Attached
Prepared by: Terry S. Garza, Terry S. Garza
- Presidio Faculty and Staff newsletters
- Board has enjoyed receiving the newsletters
- Newsletters are another form of communication for the staff
- Includes important dates, helpful information, and staff shout outs
- AOI Amendment Update
- ASBCS unanimously approved the AOI Amendment.
- Presidio plans to begin the AOI school in the 21/22 SY.
- Back to School Sub Committee
- Meetings are sporadic.
- Information shared with the Board re: matrices and other districts’ plans to move to hybrid instruction came from the most recent meeting
- Weekly participation in PCHD Public/Charter School meetings to discuss most recent guidance from ADE, AHD, PCHD, and CDC
- PCHD is one matrix away from being in all yellow (in process) meaning that they are recommending that schools move to hybrid learning soon.
- Matrix information is delayed by 2 weeks, so the most recent information does not include Labor Day.
- Paraprofessionals all are hired
- Middle School ELA Teacher
- Offering a letter of intent soon
- First Grade Teacher
- Retiring at the end of the first quarter
- Asking teacher if she would be interested in being the Keynote Speaker for the 2021 Graduation
- Academic Intervention Plan meetings are occurring now
- Parent Seminars
- Left side bar changes color to match the current Character Pillar
- Responsibility Flag Ceremony
- Ceremony was held on September 11
- Freshman History class provided 9/11 presentation
- Reviewed Responsibility pillar
- Introduced Trustworthiness pillar