Notice of Public Meeting
Presidio School Inc. Board of Directors
Pursuant to A.R.S. 38-431.02, notice is hereby given to the members of the Presidio School Board of Directors and to the general public that a meeting, open to the public, will be held as specified below.
DATED AND POSTED 1ST DAY OF MARCH, 2021
Board of Presidio School, Inc.
By Terry S. Garza, Terry S. Garza
Secretary, Board of Directors of Presidio School
Presidio School Board of Directors Meeting
1695 East Ft. Lowell
Tucson, Arizona 85719
Tuesday, March 2, 2021
- Call to order Mr. Carrillo
- Public Comment Mr. Carrillo
- Consideration to Approve the February 9, 2021 Board Minutes Ms. Garza
- Consideration to Approve the January 2021 Expenditures Ms. Garza
- Consideration of the current COVID-19 metrics to determine best instructional Ms. Montierth Puls
model or combination of models.
Presidio Board Meeting
March 2, 2021
- MS ELA teacher, DE, resigned
- Current employee, LL, is teaching MS ELA on Mondays and Wednesdays
- SM will continue to help with attendance on Tuesdays/Thursdays/Fridays and with Study Hall.
- JMP will teach Senior Exit Project class
- COVID-19 cases
- Review of Faculty/Staff Meetings
- Master Teacher Meeting; February 15, 2021
- Reviewed expectations for CNA PLC meetings
- Discussed upcoming assessment schedule and summer school options
- Leadership Meeting; February 22, 2021
- Discussed 21/22 School Calendar requirements
- Online registration reviewed and schedule for rollout created
- March 2021 Faculty/Staff PD; March 1, 2021
- Shared expectations for formal observations
- Faculty will indicate their desire to return to Presidio for 21/22 SY during pre-observation conference
- Blended Learning Survey
- Reviewed Return to Work Plan
- Some revisions need to be made to the Reopening/Mitigation Plan (mostly for MS)
- AzM2 Preparation and CNA finalizing
- Upcoming Events
- Virtual Flag Ceremony: March 5, 2021
- Virtual Career Fair: March 12, 2021
- Spring Break: March 15-19, 2021
- Comprehensive Needs Assessment (CNA)
- Senior class would like to have stakeholders attend a class to discuss CNA. Possible Board representation?
- 21/22 Curriculum Proposals
- Current needs:
- K-5 ELA
- 6-10 ELA
- MS Science curriculum modification/update
- AP Comparative Gov. modification
- AP World History digital update
- Schedule informal Board Meeting to review curriculum proposals and view demos of curriculum?
- March 23, 2021 at 3:30 PM. – JMP will verify SM and JE’s availability then send a Google calendar invite for the informal curriculum proposal meeting.
- Continuation Forms/Enrollment
- Katie is pushing out SchoolMessenger messages biweekly to families who have not returned their continuation forms.
- Current data for 21/22 SY:
- 107 students who are interested in remote learning
- 157 students who are interested in in-person learning