Notice of Public Meeting
Presidio School Inc. Board of Directors
Pursuant to A.R.S. 38-431.02, notice is hereby given to the members of the Presidio School Board of Directors and to the general public that a meeting, open to the public, will be held as specified below.
DATED AND POSTED 5TH DAY OF DECEMBER, 2022
Board of Presidio School, Inc.
By Terry S Garza, Terry S. Garza
Secretary, Board of Directors of Presidio School
Presidio School Board of Directors Meeting
1695 East Ft. Lowell
Tucson, Arizona 85719
Tuesday, December 6, 2022
- Call to order Mr. Carrillo
- Public Comment Mr. Carrillo
- Consideration to Approve the November 1,2022 Board Meeting Minutes Ms. Garza
- Consideration to Approve the October 2022 Expenditures Ms. Garza
- Consideration to Approve a “New Year” celebration for Presidio School Employees Ms. Montierth
Principal’s Report: Ms. Montierth
Presidio School Board of Directors
1695 E. Ft. Lowell
Date: December 6, 2022
Called To Order: 5:00 PM Adjourned: 5:\33 PM
Attendance by Members of the Board: P= Present, A=Absent, R=Remote Attendance
P Peggy Barnett, Treasurer
P Martin Carrillo, President
P Thomas Drexel, Vice President
A Terry Garza, Secretary
R Pat Johnston, Member
P Jessica Montierth, Member
Public Comment: No public comment
- To approve the November 1, 2022 Minutes as presented.
Moved by: Peggy Barnett Seconded by: Tom Drexel Outcome: Passed Unanimously
- To approve the October 2022 Expenditures as presented.
Moved by: Pat Johnston Seconded by: Peggy Barnett Outcome: Passed Unanimously
- To approve Jessica Montierth plan a New Year Celebration for Presidio employees at the Tucson Racquet Club.
She will attempt to schedule the event for a weekend day within the first 3 weeks of January 2023
Moved by: Peggy Barnett Seconded by: Pat Johnston Outcome: Passed Unanimously
No Discussion Items
Prepared by: Terry S. Garza
Terry S. Garza
- The Discipline Committee moved to expel student NO for one year from the date of notice (November 28, 2022). NO can return to Presidio after one year if he has met the required criteria and remained discipline free during his expulsion period. NO’s family was provided with appeal information and did not move forward in the appeal process.
- Employee Update
- 4 new monitors have been hired – 2 full time and 2 part time – to cover recesses, lunches, and morning/after school services. Currently Presidio is fully staffed.
- Presidio Giving Tree
- Presidio has 11 families that reached out to Erin Foudy to request holiday assistance. Their requests have been placed both on the virtual Giving Tree and physical giving tree for Presidio community members and staff to take. All donations are due on/before Friday, December 9, 2022.
- PTSO Holiday Bazaar
- The PTSO is holding a Holiday Bazaar on Wednesday, December 14, 2022 from 4-7PM for students and community members to purchase donated items at a low cost. The PTSO plans to have hot cocoa and cookies available. Any donated items not sold will be donated to the HS CCCR class for the Buffalo Exchange event scheduled in January 2023.
- Facilities Update
- 300 Building restoration and windows
- Rene Lopez received 3 bids for the restoration, with only one bid deemed substantially complete and 3 bids for the windows. Rene Lopez will provide Terry Garza and Jessica Montierth with an evaluation rubric and his recommendations by December 12 so they can make a decision about the restoration. Jessica Montierth will present the rubric and recommendation for the window replacement to the Board during the January 2023 meeting.
Prepared by: Jessica Montierth
Next Meeting: January 3 at 5:00 PM